Arduino has become much more than just a tool for making, tinkering and exploring both physical and digital interaction. It has become an entire ecosystem supporting students across all disciplines. Arduino Education is committed to empowering educators with the necessary hardware and software tools to create a more hands-on, innovative learning experience.
The CTC 101 kit (Creative Technologies in the Classroom 101), is Arduino’s one-of-a-kind STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) program for 13 to 17 year-olds in upper secondary education. Students are introduced to the foundations of programming, electronics, and mechanics through a series of 25 playful, well documented projects and easy-to-assemble experiments. CTC is the ideal professional development program for upper secondary school teachers and educators. CTC 101 is currently available in Spanish and English.
CTC’s learning activities were developed for the classroom, ensuring that no one is left behind. Both teachers and students alike can benefit from five themed modules, and more than 25 hands-on experiments with different degrees of complexity to accommodate various skill levels.
- Teachers will:
- Learn how to get started with Programming and Physical Computing
- Adapt their lesson plans with more engaging and creative techniques
- Take a hands-on approach to achieving defined learning objectives
- Students groups will:
- Get started with programming
- Build fully-functional, interactive projects
- Explore robotics
- Learn about connectivity and wireless communication via Bluetooth
- Enhance their problem-solving and teamwork skills in a collaborative environment