The Grove Fingerprint Sensor from Seeed Studio is actually a self-contained fingerprint verification system. Its onboard memory stores a database of up to 162 fingerprints and its processor matches scanned prints against this database. All you need to supply is a 2-wire serial interface to control the device making it compatible with devices such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi and others.
Seeed provide technical documentation, example projects and software libraries on their product pages. if you require this information please visit this product’s page.
- Supply voltage: 3.6 to 6.0V DC
- Operating current (max.) : 120 mA
- Fingerprint imaging time: 1.0s
- Match Mode: Compare Mode 1:1
- Search Mode: 1:N
- Storage capacity: 162 templates
- False Acceptance Rate: 0.001% (Security level 3)
- False Reject Rate: 1.0% (Security level 3)
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600bps (default is 57600)
- Interface: TTL Serial